Thursday, October 13, 2011

Non-surfing last weekend in Santa Cruz was wonderful.  By non-surfing I mean that the husband surfed while I stayed on dry land.  I did walk so I earned my poppy seed muffin and I got in some beautiful beach time.  The weather was great and the beach was accessible after the tide went down.  I also paid a bit more attention and made some changes to my last blog entry as I had the names of a few places I mentioned incorrect.

So what's going on this weekend?  Well tomorrow is Mark's birthday so it is family dinner night  so we can all help him celebrate...and of course eat cake!  Saturday is crap around the house day and Sunday we will be at Santa Cruz.  And by we, I mean not just Mark and I, but his daughter and my one of my sons will be join us! While I've seen Stef surf many times with Mark, this will be the 2nd time Eric has joined us.  Last time  he joined us, the surf wasn't the greatest for him so I wasn't able to see him ride some waves, but hopefully this weekend will be good and I'll get to see him in action.  Depending on the weather and where the decide to surf, I'll either have lots of photos or have a darker tan.

We will also be picking up Mark's new Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP).  He has rented several different styles from
Cove Water in Santa Cruz so he could test out a few before he bought a new one.  The staff there is really nice and knowledgeable and they have some cute clothes there.  In my opinion they could add some hooded sweatshirts in additional colors besides dark blue and grey.  Plus the bathroom there is clean and tidy and they don't mind letting you use it. 

Mark already has a SUP, but this new one will be a bit smaller and much lighter weight.   If one of those days where the water is totally flat, I might actually get out there in the water on it.  I enjoy paddling around on a SUP, I just like to do it on flat water. The new board is an Al Merrick design, which means I have already named it Big Al.  I've lost count of how many boards are in our garage.  I do know that our garage will never see a car in it.  No convertible car for me!

So keep your fingers crossed for me that the beautiful weather we are experiencing holds out for the weekend.  I'd much rather be in shorts than sweats.

No comments:

Post a Comment