Monday, December 3, 2012

Day Two - Punta Mita,


What do you mean....No cheesie fish on the menu???
Tonight we ate dinner at my favorite place, the El Dorado.  When we got there we were a little upset as my favorite all time dish wasn't on the dinner menu, Pesacado El dorado style....basically mahi mahi in a white cream sauce, topped with cheese and shrimp and this wonderful garlic bread.  We asked if they still made it and they said yes, that it was on the lunch menu, but they would be happy to fix it for diiner.  We have ordered this dish since we first started coming to Punta Mita 6 years ago.  This dish is perfection!  And so are the maragaritas.  Usually 1 leaves you buzzed and another 1/2 a margarita makes you start wondering if you can actually walk or stumble back to your condo.  Any more than that you seriously hope that someone else is sober enough to get you back to the condo.




But after they brought us the cheesie fish and a margartia...all is good!
 
Today we went to a beautiful beach and surf spot called La Lancha.  It has changed in the last  6 years.  6 years ago you had to know where you were going.  Park across the road, find the trail, cross the lagoon and end up as a beautiful spot (I swear once I saw a crocodile n the lagoon).  3 years ago you parked on this strang side street, squeezed in where the fence was cut open and walked down the trail to the beach.  Now they have a secuity guard who will let you in if you have a surf board or boogie board.  Only those with, can get it.  We had 1 surfboard with us so they would let Mark in, but because I didn't, they wouldn't let me in.  So we drove back into town and rented a boogie board for me so I could get in,  drove back the 5 or so miles and then I could get it.  I didn't take any pictures of this little piece of paradise, but I will tomorrow when we go again.

After a few hours at La Lancha we head toward the Mega Market which is a big grocery store and more.  You can buy food, a motor cycle, appliance, sporting goods, clothing and more.  You can find women's lingerie (think Walmartish) right next to the produce section.  But they had no boogie boards this time of year (I would think you could by a boogie board anytime of year at costal Mexico).  So we headed to Walmart in Puerto Vallarta and they also didnt have any boogie boards.  We headed back to Punta Punta and while we were driving through Bucierias  we spotted a surf shop and stopped there, but their boogie boards were going for over $250.00!    I don't think so!  So we walked into town and found one at the local open air market area for about $30.00.

I'll post more more pictures tomorrow along with my theory about Time Released Tequilla.

Have fun and be safe!
Cecelia

No comments:

Post a Comment