Sunday, December 2, 2012

We made it to Punta Mita!  We had about an hour delay out of SFO, but were totally expecting it because of the weather in San Francisco.  The flight was smooth and uneventful and getting through customs was almost painless.  We hadn't even had been asked to "push the button" and they were already asking me to open up my main suitcase.  Nothing there of course.  Of all the jobs at the airport I would hate to have the one job of the guy who has to hand search the suitcases.  It wouldn't be so bad for the flights coming in as most everyone it is day one of vacation and all the clothes in it are "fresh", but the poor guy (or gal) who  has to hand search the suitcases of those post vacation.  I wouldn't want to have to go through their dirty clothes! I am making a mental note to make sure I pack all the "delicate" items in a zip log back for our return flight.  Gross!

After landing and having my suitcase searched in Puerta Vallarta it is always the usual hassel with rent a car agency.  No matter which rental company we use, it always seems to take twice as long as it should.  I think us and one other family were the last ones out of the airport from our flight.  They were a delightful family from Vacaville, Ca.  It looked like Mom and dad, son and daughter in law and adorable grand daughter.  Very nice family spending two weeks in Nuevo Vallarta.  We are on the same flight home as well.

The drive to Punta Mita was easy and for the third time we are staying at the El Enclote condos.  The guys at the security gate are as wnderful as always and do their best to make us feel safe (one of the reasons we keep staying here!).

I'll write more about our first dinner in town tomorrow.  The effects of the margaritas are still in effect and I am tired and should really just go to sleep at this point.

Have fun and be safe!
Cecelia

No comments:

Post a Comment